Sunday, March 16, 2008

Miss Mairzy Does Not Approve

I'm not a great fan of Facebook. The constant busyness makes my head buzz. About once a month, I log on and take care of all the friend requests, group invitations, and Fun Applications that I can't play with, having dialup.

Facebook sank to a new low ranking on my list when I got a notice in the other day:

Jessica has invited you to the event "Kevin and Jessica's Wedding"

Event: Jessica & Kevin's Wedding
"Once in a lifetime"
What: Ceremony
Host: Jessica & Kevin
When: Sunday, August 24 at 11:00am
Where: Grace Community Chapel

To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:
--------


I'll go bury my head and pretend I never saw it.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe it was it one of those "Save The Date" notices? With real invitations coming later?

I don't have a facebook account and don't know how it works. So I'm no real help here.

That last post about your husband & the coin in your pocket made me LAUGH. FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

so so SO SO SO wrong! Emily Post is rolling over in her grave.

Southern jezeBelle said...

I had the SAME THING happen about a year or so ago and (of course!) did a blog post about it. I ignored it too. Absurd! Ridiculous!

Oh Hi! I found you a bit ago from Swistle.

Sarah said...

i hate facebook too. it bores and annoys me.

Misty said...

I don't have a facebook/myspace account. I have a blog: isn't that like the same thing? I don't have time to have THREE things I am supposed to maintain. You know, other than the house, the marriage, and the kids, and the job, and the other stuff the piles up around my ears.

We had a very very practical wedding that was on a very shallow budget. And we sent out invitations. And annoucements. Through the mail.

Swanky, right?

Jen said...

Nuh-uh. Sad. Truly sad.

Mairzy said...

Erin -- Maybe it was a Save the Date. Kevin did, after all, email us to ask for our mailing address. I assume paper invitations are coming. But it gave a link for RSVPing, which makes it look like it's trying to be real. Yaaah! (Banging head on wall.)