Monday, March 3, 2008

Sickness -- Hurray!

Ladybug is sick again. She's lying on the couch having the stomach-bug equivalent of a celebratory party.

"Ooohh!" (Moaning with her eyes closed, but checking our reaction through a tiny slit of eye.) "I'm really, really sick. I need to go to the hospital!"

"You don't have a fever, honey. You're not sick enough to go the hospital."

"I AM sick enough! I won't last the night! Tomorrow you won't have me with you anymore!"

"Would you like some water? And I'll pray for you."

"I won't last the the night, I tell you!"

Daddy prays for her, during which she moans pathetically. Then he announces it's storytime (the usual bedtime routine). Ladybug moans louder.

"I won't last through storytime!"

At August's request, I'm going to Google the symptoms of appendicitis. But we think that involves a fever and pain, not an upset stomach and a dramatic six-year-old.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the joys of having a drama queen for a daughter! I'm (kinda) glad to know that such drama continues beyond the age of five. Hope Ladybug feels better soon.

Swistle said...

She is SO FUNNY.

Sarah said...

I know a little girl about eleven from our church who is JUST LIKE Ladybug. I think they may be twins separated at birth.

Misty said...

Oh, that Ladybug. :)

Julie said...

Oh, the drama! My 5-year old does the same thing when she's sick. I don't know where she gets it (cue my husband rolling his eyes and mouthing "you"). Hope she feels better soon.