Thursday, February 7, 2008

Social Tips

1. Don't try to fit into one week: school the kids, write the newsletter article, work on the novel, feed the family, attend special services at church, stay up till 11 with the baby, and get a migraine from lack of sleep at the children's weekly learning co-op. (Yes, AT the co-op. I spent the morning lying on the nursery floor, because it was carpeted, wishing I had something more than ibuprofen to take. Like morphine, for instance.)

How does this type of week negatively impact your social life? Because not only will you not have time to call or email anyone other than your husband ("Could I get you to email me that address? And did I remember to send my library books with you? Oh, and can you make the day go faster? Because I've decided that I just don't feel like going through today.")... you won't have time to even think about any blog posts you may have said you'll do.


2. If you DO manage to get to the computer to compose prose, don't do it within sight of the 17-month-old. She will spend the entire computer session hanging on your leg saying, "Ut! Ut! UT!" When you refuse to pick her "ut," she will grab the mouse. When you move the mouse, she will reach the k00..ey...
00board. When you firmly move her way from the keyboard, she will be overcome by despair and sink her head onto your lap, and bite you.


3. Keep coming to Mairzy's blog. It probably doesn't do a whole lot for your social life, but it certainly helps hers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Novel? Am I the only one who wants to hear more about the novel?

Mommy Daisy said...

Ugh, we all have these weeks. But you're right, it helps to know you have other mommy support out there. I'm here, and I hope the weekend goes better for you. :D

I'm with Jana, let's hear about this novel. Please.

Sarah said...

Addy, rather than biting, likes to CHOKE me when I'm annoying her. I'm trying not to worry that this is a homocidal tendency.

Anonymous said...

Good luck juggling everything! You're doing all of these things AND writing a NOVEL? Wow! Good for you! You're amazing!